Seeing and Setting Trends
September 28, 2009
by SamHenry, editor
Based upon Washington Times -Liberals Seek Health Care Access for Illegals submitted by Samiam60 at VotingFemale Speaks!
FOX news is reporting that a group of liberal Democrats is pressing the issue for illegal immigrants to be covered by health care using one of the paid access options. It’s fuzzy Democrat logic again; It’s cart before the horse time in democrat kindergartens across the nation. Now so-called illegal aliens may “stay and pay.” But with new proposals for the Health Care Reform Bill in the house, will this mean they will crowd our prisons if they don’t pay? VotingFemale Speaks!
Let’s get a few things straight:
- We don’t have an “illegal immigrant” situation; we have an invasion going on.
- We need to find some way to stop the hemorrhaging at our borders BEFORE we consider what to do with illegals. The “bandaid” on this wound belongs at the border. Without that, the problem with health care and its cost will just grow exponentially.
- When we say “illegals” today, it is a code phrase for Latinos. The rules covering them have been ‘irregular” since the time of the Cuban revolution. If Cubans could get to terra firma in this country, they could stay. If we intercepted them on the high seas, they were returned. We have not done this for any other group and this practice continues. There has been negative reaction to giving one group of foreign nationals a degree of privilege over another but lobbying efforts have prevented any reform in this area.
- Latinos coming from Central and South America have corporate protectors – corporations in need of cheap labor. Corporate farmers and meat packers, etc. that demand a constant flow of cheap labor lobby Congress using the argument that it will keep costs low and food prices reasonable. They offer low pay and then wonder why US legals won’t take their jobs.
- We the people pay the health and education costs for illegal workers. Someone has to pay the emergency room “health care system” for their treatment. Someone has to pay local government for their education.
- What illegal would be willing to PAY any more for health services services when they can go to an emergency room with fake papers? Their “papers” will not allow followup billing.
- Will there be immigration people at hospitals to process them and get paperwork started for their legal migration?
- If jail time will be awarded to those who do not have some kind of insurance then their health treatment will just move underground or WORSE, they will not get any treatment. UNTREATED and UNINNOCULATED illegals CAN POTENTIALLY EXPOSE LEGAL RESIDENTS TO DANGEROUS ILLNESSES.
- MOST ILLEGALS CANNOT AFFORD TO PAY FOR MEDICAL INSURANCE.
- Where is plan for and the cost of implementing all of the above? There will be an increase in paperwork and in monitoring.
Democrats are great idea people but they are a little slow with the details and the cost estimates. They are forward thinking not about what they are proposing in the moment; they are forward thinking about their next proposal. The only overall vision they have is always preceded with “grand.” Remember LBJ’s GREAT Society? We found out we couldn’t afford it.
It strains credulity that these people – these Democrats – are running this country. And what else will they want for “illegals” ? Of course it will be to have local communities educate them. Whoa, where are the state governments in all of this? These cost-intensive trends that do not respect separation of the central and local governments are more than disturbing.
But the bottom line is this: Illegal means just that – illegal. If people can come here based on an illegal act, what else “illegal” will they feel empowered to do and receive “amnesty”?
Where’s the Exit? Soon “ex-patriot” will be the buzz word.